Free Health Resources for the Whole Family!
Every family should have access to simple information on how they can add more fruits, veggies, whole grains and other healthy foods to their daily meals and how they can also incorporate more physical activity. As a Together Counts™ ambassador, we have decided to carve out a brand new online destination for loads of free resources from The OrganWise Guys. Our new Kids Club promotes healthy eating and physical activity for children and families with a wide array of fun and engaging activities that anyone can use! We are also excited to feature our partner’s resources including the free Together Counts™ Enrichment Zone Curriculum. The Enrichment Zone is the perfect tool for parents and volunteers to incorporate into their camps, health and wellness clubs, meetings and more.
Since this is a brand new site, we have some fun ideas for how you can use it during family time.
- Download the Activity Book– Each month, a new activity book featuring the educational OrganWise Guys characters is available for parents to download for their children. Each activity book will keep us informed on the healthy happenings during the month. For example, learn about National Heart Month in the February edition.
- Test Your Drawing Skills– Do you have an aspiring artist in the family? If so, watch the new video series where you can learn to draw each of The OrganWise Guys characters. Make it a friendly family competition and have each family member do a drawing, then vote on your favorite!
- Video Exercise- The video section is full of engaging short features that will get your family up and moving! Consider playing one each morning before school to start the day with a healthy exercise or message.
- Create Healthy Recipes- Healthy recipes are a staple in The OrganWise Guys kitchen. Each month, we create several recipes that are healthy, delicious and family-approved. These recipes are also featured on our new Kids Club. We suggest checking back each month for the latest and creating them in your own kitchen!
- Learning Games – Finally, our free educational games are a great way for children to learn about healthy eating, good nutrition and physical activity while spending time at home. This is a great resource for children who are looking for something to do. They can learn all about health while also having fun; what could be better?!
Now is the time to take advantage of these new free resources to promote healthy lifestyles and prevent childhood obesity from The OrganWise Guys!
The OrganWise Guys Inc. began in 1993 with a vision to inspire individuals to take charge of their health by assuming personal responsibility for their choices. By bringing the body to life via lovable organ characters, kids of all ages learn what it really means to be smart from the inside out. Want to learn more about The OrganWise Guys beginnings? Check out these videos: Meet The OrganWise Guys! & How OWG Began.
For more healthy ideas take a look at these other great articles from Together Counts!